At Shire Christian School we offer a comprehensive sports program on a weekly basis for Years 7 to 10. It is important to involve our students in a wide range of activities in the hope of fostering lifelong involvement in physical activity.
We seek to offer our students the best facilities and coaches available in the Sutherland Shire for our Friday sports program. All cost is covered by school fees, and even if it rains, many of the activities are still able to go ahead, which is a great advantage.
Some of the activities we offer include:
- learning to surf at North Cronulla Beach
- learning archery with the Shirewood Achery Club at the Ridge
- various fitness programs at Engadine Health & Fitness Centre and Engadine Leisure Centre
- surf survival courses
- hip hop lessons from expert instructors
- hockey at the Sutherland Hockey clubs’ main facility
- Zumba at Menai Indoor Sport Centre
- lifesaving programs for Year 7
- lawn bowls at Engadine Lawn Bowls club
- golf at Barden Ridge Driving Range
- flag gridiron
Our on-site sports facilities include:
- gymnasium (indoor basketball court)
- soccer field
- synthetic futsal courts
- cricket pitch and cricket nets
- outdoor basketball, netball and volleyball courts
There are many opportunities for students to be involved in sporting competitions. We off an extensive gala day program for most sports including: swimming, athletics, cross country, soccer, netball, basketball, cricket, rugby league, Oz Tag, tennis, gymnastics and golf.
We are part of the Christian Schools Sports Association (CSSA) and the Combined Independent Schools Sports Council (CIS), which provides our talented students with a pathway through to national competition. Students that have a talent in a particular area will have a chance to shine at Shire Christian School!
Take a closer look at the new on-site synthetic futsal courts below and book a tour to explore more of the impressive facilities at the school.